Kirkmahoe Residents Against Pylons set up a petition to ask SPEN to reconsider their plans. The petition says: Please don’t build 50 metre tall, high voltage pylons across Dumfries & Galloway.
- The proposed pylons will be massively visually intrusive in what is one of the few beautiful, unspoiled parts of the UK left
- They will harm the environment and local wildlife
- They will be hugely damaging to the tourist sector in Dumfries and Galloway, a key driver of the local economy
- The pylon line will seriously affect house values and the ability to sell houses for miles around due to its size and visual impact
- Other alternatives, such as putting the line underground or under the sea, are available and could be adopted.
You can sign the petition at: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-the-dumfries-galloway-pylons
You can do so whether you are in SPEN’s “corridor”, near it, you have friends and family who live in the region, if you have visited the area, you would like to visit…